Friday, October 12, 2007

Simplistic Art is now a year old blog baby

One year ago today, I started this blog not really sure if I had the time (with the family and day-job trumping most other proclivities) to do enough justice to serving some of my original goals that I had listed out here...

Original intents included clarifying thoughts about society, art and neurology (yes, it is a strange combination – but I seemed to like it). Of course, catching up with neurology fell by the wayside as I found out I could not devote time to both art and neurology and have normal sleep cycles. Halfway through the blogging endeavor (about six months back), I decided to concentrate more on art, its effects on society and my paintings. Seems like focusing was the right thing to do...

Some months when the id is particularly strong, I manage to get a larger number of posts than usual. Sometimes, comments are good indicators of readers who are interested - of course, I do not have much of a following that way if comments were the only judge - they seem few and far between, but if unique visits (readers who lurk around the blogosphere) register as a measurement on the interest barometer, then an average of about 1250 visits every month is a good reason to keep publishing. I hope to continue more in the same vein. Thanks for coming back and checking on this blog every once in a while. The occasional comments are a great heart warmer.
Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know comments can be sparse but your work is definitely appreciated. Keep it up...

Steppen Wolf said...

WD,
Thanks very much and glad to note the appreciation.
Sunil

Tree said...

Happy Anniversary! I may not visit as often but I still think you have one of the best blogs around.

Anonymous said...

Kunmu,
One year with so many happenings. Love the blog and the blogger.

Jafagirls said...

congratulations! I don't get a lot of hits according to my sitemeter, but I am so happy with who visits and appreciate their comments. Quality overrides quantity eh!

You are one of the blogs I enjoy visiting. You have a nice mix of entries that keep this blogger engaged and coming back.

jafabrit

Steppen Wolf said...

Kimberley,
Glad you think so. Thanks very much.
Sunil

Steppen Wolf said...

Kunmu,
Love.
Me.

Steppen Wolf said...

Corrine,
When it comes to eclectic reading, your blog is one I frequent a lot. I guess a nice quirky mix helps...
Thanks for the wishes.
Sunil

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a prolific year! Don't let the comments bother you... there are probably a lot of readers like me that enjoy your posts and love your paintings but don't leave comments when we catch up with your posts.

Steppen Wolf said...

Ashok,
Thanks for the words. Glad to see you coming by here.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!