Thursday, June 21, 2007

A shorter name for this blog.

I have been mulling this for a while now and decided that now is as good a time as any other with respect to shortening the name of this blog. From the mouthful 'Musings On Neurology And Lenitives In Simplistic Art' (my OK attempt to expand the name MONALISA and still make sense), I have shortened the name to 'Simplistic Art'.

The original long winded name approximately conveyed my interests in recording random thoughts on neurology, its intersection with the arts and also serve as a showcase for my paintings. Of late, I have not been getting the dedicated time that is required to understand the nuances of neurology. I have been concentrating on the art world and on my paintings a lot lot more (and enjoying it immensely)... This also makes the 'neurology' part of the blog-name superfluous as the posts on this specialized subject seem to be dwindling. I would still continue to post the occasional bit about neurology/science every once in a while (if I get the time), but I would want to concentrate more on art as that is where my primary interests lie... Simplistic refers to the fact that art in my view should be simplistic (in a non-condescending, non-derogatory way) on the outside but still yield deeper layers of meaning on introspection and inspection.
PS: (The cartoon above has been shamelessly lifted off the net - I know, I know. I should not be doing these things...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I never noticed your title's acronym?? I am the stereotypical absent-minded professor!

Best of luck with the new direction - I'm sure anything you choose to write about will be most interesting.

Tree said...

Darn...I totally missed that fun acronym! How smart of you! I'm with bioephemera, best of luck and I'll still read your blog no matter what the title.

Steppen Wolf said...

bioephemera and tree,
Dont worry. Just about 0 people realized that...
Hey, c'mon - there is a limit to cornyness...