Sunday, May 10, 2009

Writing...

“Ruins—The Memory of Youth” a multimedia project that shows writing from the Beichuan Middle School after the Sichuan earthquake. (from the New Yorker...)

…I will eventually forget him, drive him out of my heart, but I still want to thank him because he made know what love is. Although I can’t tell him face-to-face, I just hope someday we can be as good as friends. Today at lunch, I saw him with his girlfriend on the second floor eating lunch, and to be honest, my legs went soft. I don’t know why. Maybe he is really my first true love. 

…I feel like nobody around me understands me. Like this morning, I got up early and my dad told me get up and make some food, and my mom laid into me and when they finished eating they were out out of there… I’ve become a servant… They are my parents, I must do what they say. But what I don’t accept is my mom coming and criticizing me, I don’t understand, I don’t get it. What did I do wrong? Nothing! Was I playing around? No. 

…I got into high school! This afternoon at 3 or 4 o’clock, I couldn’t bear it any longer and I called my teacher’s phone number, with my heart racing. But he told me the grades hadn’t come back yet… In the evening at 7 or so, the phone rang and the teacher told me the grades and congratulated me… Passing this test really made me understand the logic of you reap what you sow. 

No comments: