Thursday, January 22, 2009

10 New Yorkers talking about their faces... An art project by Simon Hoegsberg.
Once in a while I see a person on the street who immediately attracts my attention. I’m fascinated by the appearance of the person and feel a strong urge to walk over and say hi. I spent one month, seven hours a day, walking the streets of New York in search for people who had this effect on me. I found ten, and asked each of them the same question: What do you think about your face?
Photograph of Joan Darrow, an image consultant - ripped from the artists website...

When I used to work on face paintings, I tried to do something similar sometime back, but for some reason found it too exploitative and then stopped publishing the pictures I had taken. I liked Simon's work for the nice narrative quality that he brings to his subjects...

No comments: