Monday, September 17, 2007

An art fair where I would be showing

If ever you happen to be in New Jersey next weekend and you are looking for something to do in the arts, then do not forget to drop by and have a look-see at the Third Annual 'Arts in the Park, Art Festival’ on Sunday, September 23rd, 2007 in Highland Park, NJ.

This is a juried exhibit with individual mentions for photography, painting, fine arts, computer generated imagery and sculpture. It is nice to see that arts festivals are beginning to generate a buzz for a somewhat neglected art form like ‘computer generated arts and graphics’ and including this category (standing on its own with others like photography and sculpture). The organizers are also planning a line up of music that seems to include local bands featuring rock, bluegrass and jazz (I will not vouch for the quality of this aspect of the show, but I did not participate last year and for all you know, it might be better than the art itself…

I do not have too much hope to get any sort of a ‘mention’ from the jurors given the fact that they have called in artists with emails that sound very professional... (Sometimes when you have an email address that spells so_and_so@some_studio.com, you know that you are up against some serious stuff – but appearances sometimes do not tell the whole picture).

However, it does not hurt to hope and that is what I will be doing fervently this weekend. We do not plan on selling anything as we are not yet ready to start ‘selling’ to strangers and frankly part with some of the paintings… not so sure when I will honestly be ready.

The coming weeks are also going to be a bit busy as we are getting ready to have my first solo show in New Jersey (at a gallery in Cranbury, NJ). I will post details on this sometime next week. The show will run the whole of next month and we will be required to do some sitting-in at the gallery (that is what the art director told us)...

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

If I was still living in Jersey I would have loved to have seen your work in the real. I wish you the best with the show.

Steppen Wolf said...

Corrine,
Well, that is OK - someday when you visit Jersey and if I have a show...
Thanks for the wishes...